Tuesday 7 October 2014

Rewinding time

Yes, I'm back with another blog post that didn't take 7 months to post this. HAH.
Okay, on to the topic - rewinding time.

I got this so called "inspiration" and sudden "motivation" to do this topic
(for those who know me, I'm R E A L lazy so this is a M I R A C L E)

Why? Because I wanted to go back to the past when I was a child.
For what reason exactly? I wanted to show more love and appreciation towards my parents.

I'm not particularly close with my parents, but hey, we do get along!
But, right now, as of being 16 years of age, 
I felt that I haven't given much thanks to them, despite the hard work they have put in for so many years and provide me with food, shelter and love.

Why now you ask?
I saw this video on Buzzfeed, 
where children would draw a picture to show their appreciation towards a specific person.
Most of them chose their parents.
And the way they expressed their gratitude towards them was just, heartwarming.

I felt happy and touched that these people have such a strong connection between them.
But, at the same time, I felt sad and regretful that I don't do these type of things with them.
I regret not mentioning how much I love them in the past and my never changing love for them now.

This is why, I want to rewind time.
I want to let my mom know I love her so much, even though we were miles apart then.
I would want to tell my dad I love him so much after a long day of work, 
at least I'd brighten his day up.
I would tell my grandmother I love her so much, for caring for us, loving us,
and being our mom and dad whenever they're both busy.

I was such a shy kid back then. 
I didn't know how to open up to people, even my parents.
But, the past is the past isn't it?

I can't rewind time,
But that doesn't mean that my appreciation towards them will stop.
I'll just make it more obvious now, right? 

I admire those kids so much.
Learning how to love and appreciate from them, 
just changed my mindset.
.
.
.
.
.
On a side note (completely unrelated to the topic hehe)
EXAMINATIONS ARE FINALLY OVER.
Don't you ever get the feeling that it doesn't feel like its over?
Because I am.
BUT ITS OKAY.
TIME TO PARTY.
Kbyeguys
x

No comments:

Post a Comment